Wednesday 21 July 2010

Building the bridge

How green was my valley... But it hasn't rain for a while and the park is turning brown.
I sit in Russell Sq, wanting to catch up a bit of sun before it goes to sleep and I contemplate how London passes by in front of me, with all its worries and joys.
I've read the book in which readying the girl in the sun glasses is inmsersed in; I played the ball and I also waited the call like the boy in the stripped t-shirt does, like if his life depended on it.
I realise that everything seems to have a purpose, that the people who surrounds me is not a product of my imagination, but an amount of feelings with a past and a future. Hundreds of lives happening and extinguishing at the very same moment that mine does: The laughter of the children, the hissing of the wind, the sweetness in the words of two lovers, the languages that converge in the pentagram of Babel, creating a multicultural music only possible in the London compass.
It's a 4x4, like a military march, with ups that take you high and lows that smoothly float calming the tempest formed by the traffic going round and round...in a vicious circle that never leaves the universe of the city.
In this circus I am the fool, the beast and the acrobat who tries to make smile, jump, keep the balance...All at once, because no matter what, show must go on.
And tomorrow it will be the same old story. That star that is ten thousand times bigger than the earth will keep on dying hundreds of years away from us. Unfortunately by then we'll be too old to assits to its funeral.
In here, only casually, the escalators stop to save energy, so my boss can go and complain to the manger in Victoria Station for the delays caused due to such measure.
Nothing is allowed to stop in our world. The time is obliged to go always forward. So we are. As a ocnsequence,our hearts go mad in the rashness, in the wilderness of this artificial full of colourants.
This organic orange...is too perfect to be true.
So I keep on building this bridge that will help me to cross from the world where none demands nothing apart from pounds from the cash point machine to the world of possibilities where there is still some room for dreams and places where I haven't been....yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment