Monday 25 October 2010

Do not expect my gratitude.

What goes around comes around.
What does it take to live in our society? Everything but common sense. It hasn't been so difficult to grow accustomed to the evacuation of hotels, top high security in airports, panic scenes in the underground...We are humans. It takes much more than than to finish us up. Our will to endure all the unimaginable is stronger that some false alarm that warns us that today it might be the judgment day.
Take us down. We'll keep on striving to go further to preserve this we all call freedom. We'll kill your family and even our neighbours if they oppose to it. I'll send my children to fight wars they haven't started and that they will barely understand. I'll give my blood to calm your thirst for more. And what is "all" for you?
I don't want to get accustomed to this ridiculous fear, to this craziness born from greed, form miscalculation, from economic injustices that will always rule till the last of us has perished.
The alternatives seem yet to be born. They are in some uttero that is ready to deliver change to this too boring social scenario where they tell us we are closer than ever when the gaps are broader than they ever were.
But the wealth feels so good... Well deserved for all it took to get. So, who cares if we have to live with the possibility of blowing up one day? One Monday morning after breakfast? It's just another way to go. As good as any other. And so modern: Not my choice. U made it for me, but do not expect my fucking gratitude.
Do not dare to put words in my mouth and say I am better for being your ally. Do not classify me under any of your useless controlling labels where all of us have some very specific value that must fulfill or become worthless for your precious system. I am not a part of it; not a number; I am a fucking human with dreams and fears not a product or a vote.
Don't break our hearts with more of your promises. Hobbes said it once. Since then, all we'd had have been attempts to deny the true nature of your intentions.
Who am I to judge? But you gave me the power. It is a very personal power that doesn't dream to conquer anything apart from my incomprehension; It won't change a thing. It will face the reality of a laboring morning trying to deliver the goods for the guests, trying to carry on with a "normal" life where aspirations are expensive in the all almighty free market.
This thing called "normal" has become to damn complex for me to understand, because none says what they really mean. All is about playing a game that is won by those who lie the best. Such a competitive times...I tell you...You, Mr System, has trained them well. Even the most stupid bastard is a master in bullshit.
It's funny to watch the game, anyways. Specially when someone tries to convince us of our wrongness, of how deceiving our feelings might be.
I stick to them, even when they brought me more pain than happiness. Three Cheers for the no regrets part.
Three cheers for having made today without regrets, with a clear vision of what we have made of our world and been able to carry on. yeah...Like if we had any alternatives... Do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment