Saturday 18 September 2010

I am still here

I think I am getting there slowly. You see? A sunny day in London can change anything. And while all those believers go to Westminster cathedral in search of truthness and spiritual comfort, I sit in the computer room at Birkbek, try to finish my article about palstic surgery and listen to Mick Jagger and one of my favourite songs ever.
"Shine a Light" is all about earthly trouble and moving your ass out of the shitty hole where you are sitting, look around or above and remove the flys from your increasingly deadly meat. This melody prompts to shake the sadness off your body and mind to praise the Lord for another day at planet earth. Rock mixed with gospel, raping the fakeness of the parabole in the mouths of the hypocrites, elevating your soul while talking about dirtiness, suffering, drugs and drunkness.
It's revelaing because it basically talks about a paradise that belongs here, in the kingdom of women and men who struggle to survive one more day, 24 hours more in the madness of dispair, gobal warming, rushness and loveless life.
But here it is...a voice and a guitar, a shared vision of the world that kills the lonliness and makes me believe, building this unconventional faith that comes for free and refuses to be imposed.
Sing it loud till yo believe it, till you recover the faith in your dreams, in yourslef, till the lie becomes a true again and you find the road of no way back.
It is enough for me that music can change the reality in which all have worked so hard for me to accept it with not a word of protest. But as Mr Affleck would say, I am still here. And that's my curse, not yours. But I am willing to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment