Monday 6 September 2010

Cinema Paradiso.

In some occasions I remember why I love the 7th Art so much. More than anything else, because it's inspiring and in a very weird and unexplainable way, it makes me feel happy or sad like few things else can do.
Without a doubt, cinema might be my first and definite love. It is also one of the first memories I have form my childhood: Peter Pan flying over Never land...and after that, an array of images developing inside me a passion from which I never get tired.
Cinema is a disease that grows in me the anxiety to be feed with more stories. It's ridiculous to never get enough, to wish for that moment to endure, like if it was a first kiss repeating itself over and over.
I confess I am addicted to the religious silence that invades the room the moment the lights go off. I adore the readiness to receive how others perceive and perform the world that can be, for an space of 2 hours, the way they've imagined to be. There are no rules in there. Actually all is a challenge.
Charles Chaplin can rotate indefinitely in the machine that devours him, Keanu Reeves can save humanity from the control of evil machines, Javier Bardem can see Galicia like Ramon always knew it was, and Robert Reford can show Meryl that both their souls belong to Africa and nowhere else.
And I can escape, learn, be in here and there, defying the law of physics that enslave me in the real world.
Every time I approach my favourite moments, they always look different. Time casts that spell on them; it touches them but it's unable to avoid their immortality.
I might like that above anything else. The possibility of capturing in a gaze how I used to be and go back to it to find it when the world around me tries to destroy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment