Wednesday 23 June 2010

My guiding light

Now I remember how it upset me having lost your picture, the one Sandra gave me one summer afternoon in the swimming pool; the same I kept in my wallet for 15 years and that,during all that time, came with me anywhere I went.
Why any stupid burglar would want to have anything like that?! OK, I understand the 70 pounds he got, my credit cards...Even the Starbucks one (hope u have a heart attack due to overdose of caffeine "mal nacid@")...But your picture? Did he/she realised how much it meant to me? Of course the idiot didn't. Probably he/she did not even noticed it. And now it could be anywhere...in a draw, inside the bin of a dark alley or in some of those places where useless things rest once they have been replaced for shiny new ones.
I used to look at that picture and think that, if I really concentrate quite hard on my wish...Somehow, someday it would come true. Not quite, uhm? But on the other hand...That drive took me here, and...hei!? Who would say? Definitely, not me.
You always were a kind of ...unique. And I certainly was unique when I had you. That is what makes the word special acquire the meaning it has.
And there are not many special things around. Actually it's very hard to find them nowadays. Even when you think you have found one... well, it turns out to be not so damn good as you've imagined to be.
Thankfully, not always happens that gold turns into cheap metal. I had found the real thing more than once. And, despite not having fulfilled my expectations, the value of the discovery keeps its worthiness.
Mick said once that you can't always get what you want. Well, sooner or later you find out all the truthness that lays in that statement. For sure I didn't have it, and still, I ended up winning with the search because I've realised that looking for Itaca is the real treasure. I guess Penelope will have to threat a bit longer, because I am enjoying the journey. I am not coming home, babe. No yet.
I think I have found you now, because I am understanding...finally, I am understanding myself.
I guess you are a platonic someone on whom I deposited all the good things I wanted to reach in life. And, by having you, I could had them and make my world better. None could touch it, because that was our secret, my secret. You were my Island, my Itaca, my sanctuary, my pureness. I was stronger than anyone because none could touch you. You belonged to me entirely in that world of ideas which brought sense to the, by then, senseless world. But...I didn't want to have you....Heaven's sake!! I didn't even know you! I wanted to have some guiding light. That's all. And you always were and always will be my guiding light.
I don't care none ever understood that. I never gave a damn about it.
I am flying now, can you see me? Because I can see you, and you are still beautiful. You have always been, and always will be...MINE. And, as the song says..."The world out there, can kiss my ass. As long as I've got you I'm free"

No comments:

Post a Comment