Thursday 10 June 2010

Let the wind blows

I am enjoying the summer time. I know it's no summer yet, but since I am a student free form school duties...Who cares about exact dates? For me, it's already summer.
It's a pity that the English weather doesn't share the same enthusiasm.
A raining background. That's all I have. What a crappy way of starting everyday. Specially today, after having dreamt that I was going to visit Ellis Island and just when the Statue of Liberty appeared in the distance in all her grandiosity, the alarm woke me up to another day in Russell Sq.
I should have no reason to complain. This is Central London, where Dickens used to live and where Virginia probably started to design a room on her own whilst looking at Bloomsbury Park.
I guess the scenery has changed since then. No more Bohemia and dark alleys where to get drunk in the intimacy of your thoughts. Now this area is packed with tourists and their maps, their cameras, their euros to be changed and their useless design sun glasses. Russell Sq belongs to a hotel chain that has found its business in the will of some foreigners to get a comfy holiday, a glimpse to the world from a window with a view to Southampton Road. I just find extremely boring the reflect of that world in their eyes.
One day...I was going to say that one day I will own a house in Primrose Hill, but...the future is not merely built upon dreams. My future, like yours, is uncertain. Probably mine more, since I still don't know if staying in this amazing place is what I want.
I don't think so.
Maybe in other conditions...or maybe that's just an excuse too because I know the time hasn't come for me to settle. Not yet.
I guess I'll know when the time comes. It doesn't scare me if it never does but I would lie if I didn't say that I feel a bit lazy to face my rebel soul. Probably rebel without a cause though everyone has a cause no matter how absurd or senseless it might seem. I just don't want to justify or explain mine to anyone.
I just want to let the wind blows... Only 1 thing lasts 4ever. How could I have forgotten that?

No comments:

Post a Comment