Thursday 23 July 2009

Just my imagination

Oh baby, what's in your eyes? I hope is not a tear. I hope you won't ever forget that I don't care anymore about your dirty tricks.
I hope that by now you don't remeber the promisses we made to each ohter one day under the stars. They've lost the weight that kept them attached to the earth we both used to walked together. They don't mean anything any longer. I've lost my faith in you.
I hope you find that feeling again.
I wouldn't be able to get rid of the blus if I'd stayed by your side, where tomorrow was always the same as yesterday; with my half glass: never empty, never full.
And this taste of ashes in my mouth is the only thing that I have left from the love that burnt us till exhaustion. That and a bunch of memories that keep me awake at night.
And the life ahead that before was meaningless when I pictured it without you, now it seems... I still don't know.
Sitting by the window, I watch this city getting ready for the night and its hunters. And tomorrow I'll walk its streets again, and I will start to see new faces.
I'll start again to build a frame that allows me to make sense of the emptiness and of this strange happiness that, little by little, is pushing away the sadness you left me with.
I know the blues will evolve into that music full of rebel yells, and black will be a style again and not just the lack of colour.
And you'll dissapear once again to come back sooner ot later in a different skin and with a different look in your eyes.
"Dear Lord, hear my plea...but in reality...it was just my imagination, running away with me".

No comments:

Post a Comment