Sunday 28 August 2011

Getting used to


I don't know how many times I stopped by the Lakes to have a look at the elegant swams that swin in them. They are so beautiful that I can't help myself: Every time I cross the bridge I reduce the not so fast speed of my byke so I just can stare at the swams for few minutes. They dance in the waters covered in a green film mixed with the reflect of the sun on them, making of it all a very special view.
I don't know why this scene keeps on reminding me of Cambridge. Not so much the Lakes, but the old buildings in the city centre. They both have the same laberynthic streets, the very same narrow alleys an the stones that seem to stand proud before the gaze of the tourists that are not so abundandt in here. There is always some group of people lost in their maps, fighting with their rain coats and the wind, while trying not to get run over by any of the many bikes that are the real traffic in Kobenhavn.
There are also many parks all ove the city and people here seems to be very into sports. They are always doing soemthing: Biking, running, jogging, skating...It's the survival of the fitteset, hehe.
I haven't started to properly study (or trying to) the language. It's so weird. Specially the pronunciation. So, for the moment, I'm just letting my ears get used to these new sounds. I'll soon start to write down words and see if I can connect them to something... or even memorice them. Maybe I wont be able, but it's part of the adventure. Amongst other things, of course. So many...
Today it's been 7 days since I'm here.
Somehow it seems longer, but not. Only seven days...and even if I didn't, I've got the impression I've done many things.
Some days I am feeling restless, wanting to go here and there. Other days I am scared to leave the house only because I don't have a place to settle after my long walks around the city. I used to have one in London, but I haven't found one in here. Not yet, and that makes me feel like a forigner.
Of course I am one, but when you make the city yours just by the act o finding a nice cofe shop, or a particular spot where you feel comfortable...right then, is when you start mingling into the rythm of the place.
Hopefully that wil happen soon.
So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment