Monday 14 March 2011

Vain is too little

I want to reply to this criticisms with a personal voice. I want to explore in my own terms what does it mean this collapse of the foundations of tolerance upon which our fathers tried to build a better tomorrow for all.
Maybe "all" was just an imagined "us", with the idea of the other underdeveloped, over westernized irremediably by our own values. The other lives inside of us as much as anywhere else.
We come from small parts of countries with ancient histories; from a land that once was flooded with the blood of those who were declared infidels after leaving behind a thousands of wise words inscribed in the memory of time; the same land where the ideologies of brothers who killed each other fought for their right to rule on the hearts of those who oppose them. The land of some despicable tyrants and warless heroes.
In everyone of us survived this will to carry on no matter what, and it's not easy to erase the point of view that so many systems inculcated in us by force and by hegemonic ways.
Night falls as lies pile up in our mortal memory, rolling over and over when we confront situations without protocol to follow.
After all the damage inflicted, after all the tries and the dialectical construction, we still don't have a proper manual to solve the most basic conflict. That that speaks of a lack of understanding in the place where the language looses its meaning. In the chaos of things where we raise the fist to silence the dialogue.

Where are all the shared values, the universal material that covers the bones of this race too proud to accept its mistakes? Where is my understanding of the existence of a different vision under the same eyes?
Easy does not fit in this list of contradictions. It's difficult to think outside this box in which our brains are wrapped under one conception of truth.
Easy is everything but to open to the existence of dualities that do not merge at my will, despite all the good intentions my will might have.
Easy was my idea of communion in the common embrace of divergent perspectives. And now I see that the road is all but easy.
But I am part of this fluid living thing that refuses to accept defeat. So I keep on searching inside myself. I try to contrats the findings with what I see it's happening out there, in a world that comes to me at every minute from every device I am surrounded by.
I see that no matter how hard I try, I keep on failing in this clumsy but persevering attempt to approach the "other". I put myself in their positions, but I am lacking the context of mind. And that's what we need the most.
We need a context of mind, so this project of closeness amongst people will never collapse. For this Babel is not cursed with the arrogance of the best. Instead, this Babel is blessed with the will of US; of the micro level people making the present works.
The future is no longer in the stars. We are the heaven that holds them and the hell that tries to switch them down. We are the cause and the effect for all our victories and all our faults.
Yes, we are responsible for the silence that broadens the distance we refuse to save in order to get closer to each other. We are the fear and the darkness that paints it black when colours never where bad or good by themselves.
Everything that is, is not by itself. We create it when we name it, regardless its existence preceded this language that gives birth to all that we are.

So let me tell that this failure of understanding between me and you never was. The path to get to the goeal is far from being completed, but not the last word has been said about it yet. Or all this effort would have been in vain, and vain is too little to conform us with.

No comments:

Post a Comment