Thursday 6 August 2009

London (1)


I am only happy when it rains...And, despite I consider myself a believer in the bright side of life, my only colours are the black and white.
London is more than a place. It's a destiny, the start of a pligrimage for lost people who come here looking for shelter from their inside worlds, escaping or embracing reality in all its forms.
London has many faces, and it takes time to get used to its agressive "take it or leave it, but do not stand in my way".
A closed- up look at it has left me equally marvelled and disenchanted.
It's frustating not being able to grasp the speed that moves this enormous metropolis, which has spread inside me like a virus.
And I can feel it growing, taking possesion of me like an unborn child, sucking my life, transforming me into a different person.
Like books I have read, London has changed my vision of people, of their intentions and nature.
It has been quite a journey travelling around the believes and fears of a cosmopolitan community that regards London as its home.
The Japanese tourists do not take the load of humanity that this city oozes with its good an evil.
They just put their masks on to fight the desease than hangs in the tube, in the middle of busy streets, in the palaces with unwilling kings and murderous queens.
London is a multilingual expert lover. An affair with our wildest dreams and our basic insticts. An enormous bed that holds criminals and saints making love to each other with the lights on and their eyes closed.
This oracle might not have all the answers we are desperate to find, and we might remain lost during our stay.
But not lifeless objet has the power of becoming the engine of change.
A city means nothing withouth the role played by our aspirations in its construction and subsistnece. If it it lacks them, it's just a collection of buildings, of cars and stores, of impersonal faces.
This is just another scenario that will forget our names soon after we leave it.
Nevertheless, we still have the chance of making thsi moment inmortal by taking the revolutionary road of not being just the objects of change but the authors of it.
There are so many different ways of loving and living London, that this one is just a beggining.

No comments:

Post a Comment