Sunday 30 May 2010

Import Export

"Import/Export"...Some critic said it was like a look inside the European Heart of Darkness.
It's indeed sometiing like it. I just could not take my eyes out of the tv screen. That story got me from the very beggining, with the scene of a baby fighting for his life. Ihere is something intriguing about how he holds on to it insticntivly. And that instict, that wondering why, that force drives the whole script.
It's not an easy watching film...It's like life in slow motion; a kind of life that lives soemwhere else, beyond the borders of my imagination, away form my safety security box packed with cds and dvds and a window with a view to the shopping centre where I can go to spend some pounds whenever I feel like it.
Soemone told me it's useless to get stressed by the things that are out of my hands. I know that, but I want him to teach me how not to feel them.
I guess that only some priviledged people can go around weightless. They are so lucky that they keep awareness at bay, not feeling the links that I cannot cut.
And this connection only serves to make useless judgements. It only serves to get closer to some of the Sean Penn's scripts, where a rebel is a rebel becuause he knows his place. We tend to think the oppossite, but I dont agree.
A rebel is someone who fights to fit. To fit her or his dreams into reality, and she or he bites the dust but never gives up the creed that makes of him of her what they are. And they are not what people or stupid adverts tell them to be. They are what the've decided to be, with all the consequences, despite the danger to be outcast.
I wish I knew how long I am gonna decide to be this. To be here, on the other side, looking at the world from a different perspective, away from the core of my moral code, trying to understand, to make more close ups into different histories and heritages, more strechting of the tolerance that is not limitless. I wonder how big my curiosity is, how patient my patience...
How many faces of reality can we discover in a lifetime? How much courage does it take to break them all, to get rid of the nonsense and to keep just one argument we all can understand?

No comments:

Post a Comment