Wednesday 26 May 2010

Fopp and good memories.

I was today in Fopp. I love that shop; I could spend hours in there listening to all the tracks I haven't listened to yet, wondering around the movies I'd like to add to my collection and torturing myself thinking I shouldnt spend so much money in that but, Wow...There are still a lot of films that I'd love to have. It's like an obsession.
Among Mesrine and the collection of world cinema I found that The Rollng Sotnes were on offer this evening. Going through the cds on displayed I realised I've got them all.
After 15 years as devoted fan, no wonder I have all their discography in my possesion.
It's great being able to say that the best of these guys does not stand in the shelves of my room at home or in some portable cd in London. The best is in the memories of the 3 times I've seen them in concert. Specially the first one. It's always something special about the first one... I Hope this I am about to say doesnt hurt the ego of some guy somewhere out there, but that was the best night ever!!!
I still remember when I bought that ticket in Santiago. I made my way back to the Hostal Moure touching my pocket and feeling the happiest person on this planet. back then happiness wansnt very expensive. Dreams were worthier than 50000 pesetas.
I remember the face of my sister when I came in the room and I started to shout, posseded by ecitement, whilst a piece of paper with a babilonic lion raising in the desert got suspended in the air. In the top of it said "The Rolling Stones"...
I remember the thousands of pleople gathered in Balaidos that summer evening, the heat, the maria floating in the air, the bottles of water that my dad gave me before I came in in the stadium. I remember that in our way to Vigo I played 4 times "Stripped" until my dad begged me to put the radio for a while... And I rememeber the way my heart beated... It hadn't danced like that inside my chest not even in the good old times in A Rua, when "Pancho" used to leave the deep waters of the swimming pool to join us in the world of mortals...My galician God...He used to acelerate my pusle, but not like Mick...None like Mick. This Sir is quite something.
My heart almost exploded when the great BOOM gave to us as small figure jumping all over the satge at the rythm of Start me up...The rest is history. One of the best.
Such a great band!!!
So...No more cds to buy from them now. The last one was the Scorsese's adventure in the world of the band. How do you capture rock and roll? Martin knows you must live by it. Die not for gold, but for the glory of it. Who wants to hold his hand in a flowerly afternoon?? noooop. I want to sleep with the one who sits by the fence, the one who walks the line and knows the black history of stones that never settle. I wanna feel that time is on my side.
It's only rock'n roll, but I LIKE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment